Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gluten-free and craving cookies

Since we went gluten-free it has been a challenge to find deserts we can eat. And being corn and soy free makes it even more of a challenge! I have searched high and low for acceptible desserts and it has been tough let me tell you!

So where do you always turn in times of stress I ask you? Well to your own mother of course! Now my mother does NOT follow the same dietary regime that I do, but she has made a LOT of healthy changes for which I do applaud her heartily. Go Mom!

Nonetheless in the midst of a conversation about diet and recipes she came up with a delightful gem for me. Gluten-free chocolate meringue cookies! I was awe-struck and SO grateful, you have no idea!

The recipe is simple and of course I had to make changes for my specific dietary needs. Farm fresh free-range egg whites of course for the meringue, organic chocolate we get from santa barbara chocolates on line, a little raw apple cider vinegar, a little Himalayan sea salt, organic walnuts, vanilla my daughter brought me home from Costa Rica (it is by far the most amazingly fantastic vanilla in the WORLD in my humble opinion), and the sugar I use is made from the sap of coconut flowers - beyond wonderful! It takes approx 15 minutes to throw together and 45 minutes to bake and then heaven opens up and sings a hallelujah! - well for me anyway :-)

You want the recipe? Ohhhh I am NOT going to publish it here for the world to see, oh no! You will have to email me for it with the express promise not to publish it or use it for commercial enterprise whatsoever! I will gladly share with those who are willing to make me that promise. Go to http;//growfoodsmarket.com for our email address please.

Happy and healthy living to all!
Grow Foods Market





No comments:

Post a Comment