Friday, August 26, 2011

Greetings to all who are dedicated to healthy eating and living!

My husband and I made significant changes to our diet 2 years ago and the health benefits have been wonderful! I had been gaining weight significantly for some time and was having no success getting it under control. My health was suffering as well as my self-esteem. My husband likewise was suffering health and weight issues and we were getting nowhere.

I stumbled upon some wonderful books by Kevin Trudeau and others and began to piece together what I believed was the cause of my health issues. I took a long hard look at what we were eating and began making important changes. These changes had an immediate effect on my health and the weight began to come off fairly easily. To date I have lost 75 pounds, have no health issues and take no medications.

I do not and will never diet again! I made significant diet CHANGES and will never go back to eating the old unhealthy ways again. My health and well-being would suffer too greatly if I did!

The most important change I believe we made was to completely remove all foods that had or might have Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO). I learned how harmful these foods are to us and our environment. How do you avoid GMO when most foods at the store today contain GMO? The only way I know is to commit to eating only 100% organically raised foods. Get to know the producers of your foods. Buy local from farmers who you know and trust. Visit your local Farmer's Markets to see what is available, but be careful; just because it is local does NOT mean it is organically raised! Join an organic produce co-op if you have any available in your area.

Pesticides and GMO foods are toxic to our bodies and harm our health. I am committed to finding ways to cook and eat that do not include these toxins. I make everything myself now and do not buy anything prepared in a box or a can. I make my own sauces, dressings, breads, desserts, soups etc. I began this blog to share what I do so others can learn how easy it is to make this shift.

We have been brain-washed to believe the microwave mentality that we have no time to make our own foods. Here's a shocker - I threw away my microwave altogether for health reasons! *GASP* How do I do it you ask? We THINK we are saving time by buying processed foods and cooking with the microwave oven, but in most cases it really does not take that much longer to cook from scratch or warm things up in a pan. I plan ahead more and freeze more and I make large batches.

This blog is an outlet for us to share our tips and thoughts as a supplement to our web page. My husband and I own a business selling organically raised meats, cheeses, eggs, herbs and spices and salts at the local Farmers Markets. We are dedicated to being a part of the solution!

I hope you will benefit from the things we share here. We are passionate about fighting to eliminate or at the very least LABEL GMO containing foods so people have a real choice about what they are eating. I post news articles concerning food news on our Grow Foods Market Facebook page. Check it out and "like" us!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GROW-Foods-Market-Green-Raw-Organic-Whole-Foods/154805117892421

Visit our home page http://growfoodsmarket.com/ for more information about our business and the Farmers Markets at which we sell our products.

Healthy Living to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment