Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun with Duck

My husband brought me home a duck to cook a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to cook it right so I went hunting for a good recipe. You don't cook it the same as a chicken I discovered. I found this recipe and followed the instructions to the letter. Perfect duck!

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/02/11/the-best-way-to-roast-a-duck-hello-crispy-skin/

I remind my readers to buy your duck or any meats from sources that you know are raising the animals in ethical, free-range, organic conditions.

The duck turned out fabulous, but I did make one change.

The recipe for the orange sauce I changed to the following:
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbls. orange juice
1 Tbls. coconut aminos (not soy sauce, I don't use soy at all in my kitchen. This is healthier and tastes very much the same.)
1 1/2 Tbls. Garam Marsala (adjust to taste)

I had been looking for something to try the Garam Marsala in and this was absolutely perfect. The flavor was out of this world! Garam Marsala is a curry from the south of India. It has such an intriguing smell and flavor. I have fallen in love with this spice!

Now for some additional fun I had some of the orange sauce left over and decided I would mix it with some home made mayonnaise and make a Waldorf Salad with it. It was a hit! Now I just want to make more sauce to make another Waldorf Salad. What a wonderful flavor combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment