Sunday, October 23, 2011

Maximize your diet, your health, your life!

We are embarking on an adventure with the Maximized Living Chiropractic office of Dr. Lerner in Orlando, FL. If you have not experienced a Maximized Living Chiropractic event and analysis I strongly encourage you to do so! They not only help you with any back issues you may have, but they help you change your life! We are thrilled because they encourage and support all the same dietary changes we have already made and even take it a step beyond where I was so stagnantly comfortable. But not only that, they also focus on improving your focus and mental attitude, maximizing your exercise routine to get in the best shape of your life and decreasing toxins in your environment in addition to your food. This is a health enhancing journey I can really embrace! Go to MaximizedLiving.com and find a practice near you. Attend an event and get excited about taking the road to health, not the nursing home!

The Maximized Living offices don't just adjust you right now "where it hurts" at the moment, they go further to correct what is the cause of your pains and health issues. This is true health in my opinion. Don't just hand out pills to cover up the symptoms you have, get to the root of the problems and FIX them! Kevin Trudeau said it best... "Noone ever had a headache because they had an aspirin deficiency."  I had no idea how many health issues actually have their root cause in the spine being misaligned! So we are on our way to a properly aligned spine and life!

For my own health I am making yet another diet change. This one is temporary as the rest I have made henceforth are permanent. For the time being I have removed ALL sources of sugar in my diet. Mind you I don't eat any refined sugar anyway, but even fruit and potatoes and rice can contribute to insulin resistance, so for me, for now, it all has to go. I have to help my body to begin burning fat, not sugar. Once I have reached my target weight then I can handle the wholesome carbs again. This is only temporary, but it will help my body heal and shed the extra pounds. 9 pounds down so far and I am not at all complaining.

That being said, remember the expression, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."? Well this can be true of a healthy diet change. You don't have to give up the things you love, just the way they are prepared. In most cases simple ingredient substitutions can mean a satisfied craving with no guilt!

My most surprising "change" that stayed the "same" is mashed potatoes. More correctly they would be called "faux potatoes" made from cauliflower of all things! Perhaps you have heard of them? Maybe you tried them or didn't want to try them because you "don't like cauliflower". Well I have to say, prepared like I will share they really don't taste anything like cauliflower and they DO taste a lot like mashed potatoes!

Simple, I promise! Just cook a head of cauliflower in a pot of boiling purified water until tender. I added Himalayan pink sea salt to my water as well. Drain the cauliflower and put it in chunks in your food processor. I also added garlic sauteed in my homemade raw butter I made from raw milk from grass-fed cows. Use organic butter if you do not have raw butter or cannot find it. Add about 1/4 cup more of the raw butter and some raw cream, but you don't want this soupy so don't add a lot. A tablespoon or two, no more. Puree this all together until completely smooth. You can add some raw milk cheese if you like cheesy garlic potatoes. How about some chives or a favorite herb? Experiment!

That's it, really! I have to say this really surprised me! Both the ease of making this and the taste! We had this tonight with a grass-fed beef chuck roast I cooked all day at 170 degrees while we were at market, and a simple salad my hubby threw together when we got home with a home made salad dressing that took minutes to prepare.

More things I enjoy can still be enjoyed with simple changes and substitutions. Life doesn't have to be dull, boring or tasteless! Find a new herb to experiment with. Learn new options for old favorites. Explore healthy recipes like those you can find at these web sites:

www.maximizedliving.com - Nutrition and Detox Tab > Recipes
http://link.maximizedliving.com/c/443/6c8afc8c957c6c82b55e5dd09747987ab968f09760740f9ba269641f382bf16a
http://link.maximizedliving.com/c/443/6c8afc8c957c6c82b55e5dd09747987ab968f09760740f9bbeff4a53b99611c4
http://link.maximizedliving.com/c/443/6c8afc8c957c6c82b55e5dd09747987ab968f09760740f9b46399718bacaf3d5 - Recipes
http://www.maximizedcooking.net/

Don't be afraid to make healthy changes in your life! Pursue health and vitality and you will be richly rewarded indeed!

Happy and Healthy Living to all!
Grow Foods Market

No comments:

Post a Comment